Friday 31 October 2008

GF. Halloween Gaming

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There's my trick and now for my treat. Games that have scared the crap out of me.
A complete list of them in no particular order.

Resident Evil
Who can remember the dogs from the first game? God they haunt me in my dreams. Jumping though the window and making with drop my controller with sheer fear.

Some people have gone to far and even made their own dog do a cos play of these truly evil dogs.


Half Life
This game wasn't designed as a horror game. But even so it still freaked me out. The ramdom aliens being teleported in and the Head crab as well were not good for my well being. Thinking of it still sends shivers down my spine. Only starting with a wrench doesn't help either. The Head Crabs where given an extra scare factor in Half Life 2 with two new types being added. The poison and spider variants. The poison one is self explanatory but the spider ones where super quick.
Eternal Darkness
This game went out of its way to make you think you where going crazy. Some of the most memorable parts being when the game will trow something ramdom at you. There is a part where you are exploring the house and check an empty bath tub. I won't say what you are treated to, but it freaked me out thats for sure. Another thing that made me fit was the presentation of the dreaded Blue Screen. For those of you who don't know what that is (I been kinda surprised if there any) it was a screen that appeared numerous times when using the old versions of windows when your computer crashed. Now these scares where one off ones that wouldn't happen again, but there where effects that where more frequent. This all depended on your sanity. Which was measured by a sanity meter (very original). The lower this became (from seeing a zombie for example) the more ramdom crap was thrown at you. This could be anything from you exploding after casting a healing spell on yourself (I thought I did something wrong) to the walls and celling bleeding blood.


The Legend of Zelda. Ocarina of Time
I bet you're thinking what the F*** aren't you?
Well there's the Wall Masters. They were nasty pieces of work. You knew they where coming when you hear the clicking noise they made and by the shadow on the floor. Then they would take you back to the very beginning of a level. Now that is truly heartless. Then you had Like Likes that shallowed you whole and took your items.
But they weren't the worst enemy by far. Oh no, not at all.
The worst one in my eyes was the Re Dead. First they freeze you with there scare and scream. Then while yo can't move they slowly walk over to you. Then they do you the most scariest thing ever. They hump your head till you die. The cold bastards. Killing just for sexual kicks.
Don't remember or belive me? Then watch the clip below.




That's only some of the things that have scared while playing games and I'm sure that there will be many more in the future. Hopefully I won't be an old man with incontinent when the next big scare comes along.

Ice Koobs

1 comment:

Junlee said...

LMAO @ that video!!!

You should play Dead Space! ;)