Wednesday 15 October 2008

A Dead Space Special

Well here you have my Dead Space tribute.








































Oh how I'm just playing with you.


What I have seen of Dead Space looks wicked. Like "Crap your pant followed quickly by wetting yourself just before you make a squeak which was meant to be a top of your lungs scream" wicked. I don't think I've seen something as gory and bloody. I've watched a lot of movies and play a load of games. I think what makes it scarier is the fact that it's not just random gore. It's strategically place to freak you out.
Another thing that adds to the suspense and horror of the game is that there is no pause menu. "What's that no pause? But how do I know where to go or what I have on me? What about my bladder? Surly it would burst?" Fear not. The pause function is still there so those much needed toilet breaks are still possible. But that's all it will do. If you want to reload or change your weapons you have to do in in-game. Even if you are facing a load of beasties. If you need to know where to go you can look at the holographic maps that placed around or drop a laser pointer that will guide you to the next point. There are also meters on Isaac Clarke's (wonder if they named him after someone) back, that tell you also how much health he has and when you're in a vacuum (somewhere with no air, not the thing used to suck up dirt from the carpet) it will tell you how much oxygen he has left.
As a bonus for me, this game will also be at the MCM Expo. It just getting better and better. All they need now if to give me a load of free things and I think the MCM will be the best thing ever.
I very much looking forward to this game while at the same time I'm not. I want to play it just not by myself. I think I'll have to invite a couple of friends around. And let them play while I watch. Yeah I think that's what I'll do.
Koobs

2 comments:

Junlee said...

I really can't wait to play this game.

Funny thing though, I didn't have any interest in this game up until about a week ago.

Unknown said...

I have to wait a bit, but it looks awesome! I really like how the did the in game menus too. Looks really cool.