Thursday 2 October 2008

And I was going to buy a new DS

I'm not sure if I a little slow on this info (I always seem to be behind with the times). But I've found out that Nintendo is going to release a new version of the extremely successful DS with what is being called the DSi.
The first thing that needs to brought to your attention is the size differences.
Heres a pic:


Now the screens are bigger and it's skinnier too. Thats good. But it means the DSi is Wider and Taller then the original Lite.

Other features include:
  • A build in camera, both on the spine (where the microphone is located on the Lite) and on the lid. It's not been confirmed, but it is believed that the cameras will be 3 mega pixels.
  • A wireless web browser. (Hopefully not as crappy as the DS Web browser that was released last year).
  • An audio player (I have a feeling this is because the iPod Touch is stepping into the games sector).
  • A pedometer (We've had WiiFit now it's time for DSiFit).
  • A SD memory card reader (The DSi will have downloadable software. So you will need to store it somewhere).
They have however dropped the Game Boy Advance slot. Which is slightly disappointing. I still play a load of my GBA games so this might mean I have to buy both a DSi and DS Lite. I was planing on replacing my DS Lite (and yeah I'm still sour at those ass muches that stole my last one) and the DSi isn't due for release in America for late 2009. The only thing is that I've been reading that Europe might be getting it for Spring. Maybe, just maybe, Nintendo are making up for all the neglect they've given us European Gamers? I hope so.
Ice Koobs

2 comments:

Junlee said...

Sounds really cool! I wonder how much they're going to be? By that time I'll have me a nice little job and might be able to comfortably afford one...I hope!

Unknown said...

If I only had the time for one.... Heck, maybe I will in 2009.