Friday 24 October 2008

GF. Fable new and old

Another two big games have been released today. Fable 2 and Dead space. Don't you just the fourth quarter when it comes to Video Game releases. As if I've got enough money, let alone time, to buy them all.
But enough of me complaining, I've been far too much of that recently (seems like its the only thing I can do good at the moe). On with the show.
Now contrary to what it seems this post won't just be new release related. Oh no no no. There so many games out there it would be unfair to make this to just new releases. What I really want to talk about is Fable. The Original.


Released 16th of September 2004 (yeah only four years ago, feels longer), this was a game that took multiple ending and routes to a new level. Now even kicking the chicken was accountable for (damn you Link, making me evil already). Every action you take will effect your alignment towards good or evil.

While killing Monster, saving traveling merchants from bandits and helping villagers will help your become good and make the people love you.


Where if you break the law (stealing), abuse your partner or kill innocents (human and animal, bloody chickens) you will become more evil.


Saying that it's easier to be evil then good. Plus, truthfully, it looks cooler as well (I think this is the first game to encourage you to be bad on purpose).

I'm still playing though the original and haven't actually completed it yet. Yeah look at me trying to make it look like I've play this game a million times =0) But that's one reason why I won't be getting number 2. The games are only related by where they are set and the gameplay system but I still want to finish this game. I've got far too many incomplete games.
Ice Koobs

1 comment:

Junlee said...

I liked the first game, but I would never replay it. The combat was kinda clunky, and it was actually pretty short.

I've heard the second game is better though.