Monday 5 January 2009

MM. Cupid's Chokehold

This song was originally released around 2005 (or was it 2006, I really should double check). And used the parts of the song "Breakfast in America" by Supertramp (I don't like it personally). I remember hearing it for the first time and being like, yeah I know what you mean. It's weird how you think you are so in love with a girl, just to realize that you're actually not. That it is only when you stop thinking about if you love her or not that you well and truly love her. It's something that I understand all to well.
A re-release of the song which removed the girl solo part that went "Girlfriend" between almost every single line was done in 2007 with a completely new video. It was more then likely done to cash in on the huge success that Fall Out Boy had achieved that same year with Infinity on High, as the person who sings the main chorus is Patrick Stump. He did in the original also, but like I said Fall Out Boy did much better in 2007 then in 2005. It quite strange how two years can make such a difference.
The video was also redirected as well to take a more literal interpretation of the actual song words. It even includes Katey Perry (yep the hot girl at the end in the Hoodie is Katey Perry of "I Kiss A Girl" fame) Travis McCoy current girlfriend.
As always with Musical Mondays I've got the video below, but this has an extra treat. Its all Karaoke Stylie.



Oh by the way, I haven't forgot that I said I would do requests. I do have one and I will do it. I just need to find the time first.
Ice Koobs

1 comment:

Junlee said...

I do have one and I will do it.

XD

This should be interesting...if not downright hilarious!!!