Friday 2 January 2009

GF. When is the best time to buy games?

So really, when is the best time? In my own personal opinon I would say New Years Day. Now before anyone says what am I doing shopping with my resolutions, worry not. I still have one left over from when I traded games in.
Now yesterday I was one of the unlucky few that had to work. It wasn't to bad as I only had to start at 12pm (getting a lie in is always good) and I knew it wouldn't be busy (although that acted as a double edged sword. No customers means less hasle but also less to do as well). Anyway during my lunch break I headed over to Game to see if they had anything worth while. Normaly there isn't much on sale and the one time there is it's sold out. So could you imagine my surpise when I couldn't decide on what I wanted to get. The choice was massive and nothing was sold out. Another plus was that new games where discounted. Guitar Hero World Tour plus the kit for £120, while being out of my price range was none the less a tempting offer.
Now another reason why it's good to go shopping on New Years is that there isn't that many other people around. I actually qued for less then 5 mintues. That's a bloody world record for Game where I've spend at least 10% of my life just queing up (might be an exteration, but probably not far off).
So there you have it, if you're looking for a decent shop for new games, shop around on New Year's Day. Heck if you want to buy anything (apart from food) do it on New Year's. There be no ques and you'll be able to still nab some sale items. Well at least over here in England anyway.
Oh and so you know, I got FFIV DS, Apollo Justice DS and Dragon Quest PS2 all for £32. Love it!
Ice Koobs


P.s this is my first post from my G1. So I have no idea what the layout is like at all. Any posts I'mm going to do from now on from my G1 will have a G1 label. Just so you don't go taking the piss out of my spelling =0P

7 comments:

Junlee said...

The layout looks fine. :)

And btw, Dragon Quest VIII is an awesome RPG! One of my favorite games on the PS2.

fatherkrishna said...

I'm adding another reolution here, not to buy anymore games until the obligatory Resident Evil 5 (March 13th 2009).

I'm in too deep with games I own and have not played/completed. I'll be listing them over at my place soon... It's really the shameful sordid secret of an anal retentive horder...

Ross said...

Nice deals! I never did manage to ever finish any of the Dragon Quest games though. From what I've played though they're all fine RPG's, especially VIII...

Ice Koobs said...

Actually my resolution is that I can't buy any more games apart from SFIV, Resi Evil 5 or ummm I don't know how to say this ummm Resi 4. Yeah I haven't played it. I just never got around to doing it. I will play it and hopefully before 5 comes out as well.

Junlee said...

Say what?! Let me tell you, if you play RE5 without having played RE4 first, you might just think that RE5 is the greatest thing in the world. I say that because they obviously borrowed so many gameplay mechanics from RE4. But you might feel it's the greatest thing in the world either way, lol.

Simple Simon said...

WHAT THE HELL!!!!! You never played RE4. You are missing out. One of the best games on the Cube.

Anyways hi Koobs long time.

Ice Koobs said...

Hiya dude. Its been like forever. I will play it. Even if it kills me. Well maybe not that far but I will play it.