Friday 23 January 2009

GF. Am I'm going to be the cause?

The cause to what? The end of Game the retailer. I was thinking about it and about all the policies that they have in place and noticed that I go against most of them. But so do most hardcore gamers. Think about it for a a sec.
If a game comes out, I'll either get it when it's first released or when it go down in price. Not a pre-owned one. I don't want to get pre-owned game unless it is something that is not available new (a discontinued game). I don't see the point in getting a game for fiver cheaper just because it's been used. Specially on Nintendo products as I collect the star points. Think about it. I'll be offered something along of the lines of £20 for a game. Game are going to sell it on for £30. £10 profit. That's just not on. For me as a seller or a buyer.
Another thing I'm not going to buy is a strategy guide. As many of you, may or not know already, I have access to the greatest and biggest database known to man. I and some others call it the World Wide Web. The only book I would be willing to buy is something like an art book or something of that nature.
So I've all ready knocked out two of Game's biggest revenues. Also I worked out something that will be really helpful for anyone trying to save their pennies. Go against your instincts and don't buy the game right away. After a month or so it will drop in price. And for proof take a gander at the piccy below.

Ok so both of those games are whack. But it's just proves a point. Also have a look around the net as well. I've seen Little Big Planet for £18. All these games are less then two months old!
Any way. Back to the title of this post. I think you can see what I mean about me being the end of Game. What with me not only practicing the above, but also preaching it as well.
Ice Koobs

1 comment:

John Boy said...

I think the revenues will be cut in the area of pre-owned game for another reason in addition to yours. People who do trade in adn buy pre-owned will now do so at CEX (in my area anyway, cos it's jut opened) cos you get a much better deal. My Game loyalty card is gathering dust at the moment.