Sunday 16 November 2008

Oppps

So I went and traded the games in yesterday. Got £46 for them in total. I feel rich.
I even got £7 for GoW. Which was more then I expected. When I worked at Game (about a year ago) they only gave £1 for it. Good to see that I got something out of that piece of crap (sorry NebachadnezzaR but it is in my eyes).
Anyway in the end I didn't get any of the three games I've mentioned. I went and got Call Of Duty: World At War. Hence the reason why I forgot to do a post yesterday. I was playing this all night.


I wasn't to sure at first, I really like where COD 4 went with the modern warfare and everything. But to see that W@W was going to be set back in WW2 felt like it could be taking a step backwards. So far it's ok. Not as ground breaking as 4, but it still makes me want to complete it. Like in 4 you play on two fronts. The Americans against the Japaneses and the Russians against the Germans. However thats where the similarities stop. Where in 4 I started to develop a link with both of the main characters, I'm only enjoy playing as the Russians.
I've still the play the multi player yet. But it looks interesting. With the original modes from COD 4 plus Co-op for the main story. Once I've done the main game I'm going to try it right away.
Oh yeah and sorry for not doing a post yesterday.
Ice Koobs

5 comments:

Junlee said...

With it being based in WWII, I personally would probably find it better than 4, but that's just me. I really like the WWII stuff.

Ice Koobs said...

I just feel that it not like WWII has not been done before. Plus it means I know how the game will end in a way.
And so far theres been no epic set pieces. Well there's was one but I could see it coming a mile off. Nothing like in COD 4 where you die of Radiation or when the rocket is launched.

Junlee said...

That is true. We kinda already know what's gonna happen, lol.

They should allow you to play as the Germans and f**k everything up! lol, that would be interesting.

NebachadnezzaR said...

*ignores GoW comment*

Great choice! I had a blast with it. It may not be as good as CoD4 in some things (as you've said, the characters are not as good), but it makes up for it with others. The scale of the game is just great and pretty much in every level something awesome happens.

Oh, and trust me, you won't see that ending coming (at least part of it, of course the allies win and etc...).

The Sports Satirist said...

You are not the only person who thought Gears was overrated. I thought it was an average game at best. However, I will admit that Gears 2 is a great game even though I thought the first Gears was average.