Thursday 20 November 2008

Meet my XMii. His called Ice Koobs as well.

Hi I'm Ice Koobs XMii. And I got couple of things that I would like to bring to your attention. First even though I'm a rip off of Nintendo's Miis, as you can see I'm far better. So neeehhh =0P

Ok ok. Sorry about that guys but it seems that my XMii has some personal issues that he needs to sort out. But I do have to admit that he does look cool. But anyway I got a couple of things to relay today.
As you might of guessed the first thing up on the table is the New Xbox Experience (A.K.A NXE).
I like it. Simple as that really. So what if they ripped off the Miis from Nintendo (XMiis as I like to call them) and also the open airy design of the Playstations menus. They at least do it with style and dare I say it, better then the originals do.
With the XMii I feel that I have better control over what my Avatar looks like. Even though there is the same selection of facial expressions (maybe more I've not gone and compared yet) there is also a choice of clothing and this seems to make a big difference.
The layout of the menus will take a little while for me to get use to but it just has a very clear and visualizing appealing feel to it. The disk copier is cool but you've got to keep the game in the disk drive regardless. But it does make your 360 so much quieter and it also means that if you have an older version that you are less likely to get any burn rings (no not that kind, the ones on your c.d you prev).

In other news, I've completed COD: W@W. Old news in a way 'cause I did the deed Tuesday evening. But I'm proud none the less. Now I've got time to dig into the multi-player section.
A couple of things that I've noticed about W@W so far.
  • It does seem to be as glitchy as Window Me (and that was glitchy). At the end of the last American mission it would run the cut scene and I was just running around for nothing. Also once when I was on multiplayer I jumped into a tank and earned an Artillery strike. I went to call it but didn't want to waste it so canceled. When I left the tank I was stuck with the Artillery strike and couldn't pull out my gun.
  • The enemy seem to be less trigger happy and more grenade happy. I think that I only die once, no make that twice, by gun shot. The rest of the time (about one hundred and fifty two times) was by grenades. Which is alright on normal mode, but on Hardened and Veteran one hit from a grenade is enough to take you out.
  • It is addictive. I don't know why but I had to complete it.
  • Even though at the beginning you don't feel much for the characters. I did start feeling sorry for Dimitri. Even at the end he has it hard.
So there you have it. I'm going back to join some multi player maddness now. If anyone wants to hit me up just send a friend request to the gamer tag "Ice Koobs" and just pop a massage that you've read my blog. Toddles.
Ice Koobs

4 comments:

Junlee said...

what's up with the clothes koobs?! Do you like the color green? And your hair is not that white! LOL

Nice kicks though!

Ice Koobs said...

Green is my favorite colour after orange.
But they the orange clothes they had looked like anything I would wear. Plus its all about co-ordination. Can wear a green jumper with red Kicks right?
And it's only an Avatar so his hair can be as white as it wants. Lol.
Another thing I forgot to mention about the clothes is that you can dress them differently and save the style in what is called the wardrobe (fits perfectly if you ask me) so he can have a quick change if I want him to.

Junlee said...

So orange is your favorite color then? Smart man you are koobs! ;)

And those shoes look like Converses!! LOL!

The Sports Satirist said...

I doubt I will create these Avatars. There are things on the 360 that I will never use like Netflix and avatars.