Friday 7 November 2008

GF. Decisions Decisions

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.
I've got a hard choice to make.
Should I get Guitar Hero World Tour or not?


I lost my confidants in Guitar Hero (GH) after number three. Number one set the standard, where number two improved on it. Then number three came along with mediocre songs, over the top difficulty and crappy boss battles. However with world tour they have sorted out the play list. Here are just some of the songs. The main ones that I know and want to play.
  • American Woman (The Guess Who)
  • Are You Gonna Go My Way (Lenny Kravitz)
  • Assassin (Muse (about time that they got more recognition and aren't a bonus track))
  • B.Y.O.B (System of a Down)
  • Beat It (Michael Jackson)
  • Dammit (Blink 182)
  • Everlong (Foo-Fighters(A blantant kick in the face to Rock Band. They used this in there trailer for Rock Band 2))
  • Eye of Tiger (Survivor(The ROCKY theme!))
  • Freak On a Lease (Korn)
  • The Kill (30 Seconds to Mars(Another jab at Rock Band)*
  • Misery business (Paramore(The right Paramore song to have))
  • Monsoon (Tokio Hotel)*
  • Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast) (Lostprophets)
  • Spider Webs (No Doubt)
  • What I've Done (Linkin Park (Link Fricking Park!!! SWEET))
  • Hotel California (The Eagles(I always turn this up to full volume when its on))
  • Mr Brightside (The Killers(This is only a download but still))
*These are also available on Rock Band. It would be interesting to see how each game plays.
Another thing that I can thank GH for is introducing some wicked bands to me. I would have never bothered to listen to Avenge Sevenfold, as I seen them as a bit to heavy. But after playing Beast and the Harlot on GH2, I fell in love with their crazy guitar solos and the catchy hooks.

The only thing is the cost of buying another guitar for another game. I already have a full band kit. Do I really need another instrument to take up more space and money? And another game at that point as well? I already got Mirror's Edge and Banjo Kazooie playing for my affection.
Too many decisions.
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

Ice Koobs

2 comments:

Junlee said...

Holy shit, they actually put "Beat It" in one of these games?!?!? I MUST play that song!

I can't imagine how hard that guitar solo at the end is going to be, especially on Hard difficulty and up.

Anonymous said...

Just buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky and strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
Just buy it, buy it
Just buy it, buy it
Just buy it, buy it
Just buy it, buy it

You need to check out Santeria by Sublime aswell