Tuesday 24 February 2009

MM. Blink 182, the self titled album.

So saying I did two tracks off they're previous albums, I thought I should finish off the Blink theme with a song off they're self title album Blink 182. I know I've missed out Dude Ranch, Cheshire Cat and Buddha, but I don't actually have them on my iPod. Got the CD's but I don't want to put to many songs onto my mum's laptop.
There is still debate over the title of this album. As you can see I believe it is a self title album. But some people say that it actually has no name. The thing is that it's a bit hard to sell a cd with no name. So that's why I'm sticking with the self title thing. It also a much more mature Blink 182. No toilet humour here. Which isn't a bad thing. One thing that always happens with a band is that they get stale. The only thing is you don't want to change your self to much, or else you might as well change your name.

The song I've chosen is the frist song they released. Feeling this. It just works. If that makes sence.



The funny thing about this song is the fact that both Mark and Tom went into separate rooms to write the words for the songs. Was to write the verse and the other the chorus. Surprisingly they both chose to write about sex. The lustful side on the verse and loving feel on the chorus. The opposites work well together and in the end both conflict but harmonize. Check me out. Remembering what I learned in my Music GCSE.
Ice Koobs

No comments: