Saturday 13 December 2008

GF. Update for December

So a couple of things have been going down this month. Like the new new web site by Konami.
If you you want to go to it you can find it here.
But to save you the bother I'll post a pic of what it is just below, wait for it, here.


Now this made not look like much but doesn't that last symbol look a lot like the 360 power button? Just a thought. Plus sales of the 360 have now increased in Japan thanks to "The Last Remnant". Not by much but still.
Now talking about the Last Remnant, reminds me of another that is going down in the gaming community. Cheaper games. Now it could be because of the recession. Or the fact that retailers have finally noticed that you they will sale more if it is cheaper. But it's been a bargain bonanza over here in the U.K. Here are a couple of examples. Last week Gamestation did Fable 2 and Fallout 3 for £20. They are now doing Banjo Kazooie for £20. That work's out £25 cheaper then RRP. And it's not like they are old games either. None of them have been out for more then 2 months. But it don't end there. Game this week are selling The Last Remnant for £20, which isn't too shaby. But get this, they're doing Prince of Persia for £25. That game's been out for less then a week.
But I've got to control myself. I can't be spending all my hard on cash on just games. Or can I. No must fight temptation. Got...to..chop..up ...........caaaarrrrdddd...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Also so people can't say that I don't think. Does this "Looming" recession mean that Nintendo and Sony are screwed? Think about it. Causal gamers see gaming as a luxury. Something they can go without if needs me. With the big N only really aiming at the casual market they would be F'ed up if what I say come true. Sony aren't that better off either. Saying their games and console are more expensive but exactly the same as the 360 (plus a blue ray player). Like I said, just a thought. A little something from my fragile mind.
Ice Koobs

1 comment:

The Sports Satirist said...

I think it is a Metal Gear game for some sort of Apple device. In Metal Gear 4, Snake could use an i Pod to listen to music. So maybe the next Metal Gear game will be on a Mac.