Friday 5 December 2008

GF. Mirrors Edge


For a game that I wasn't sure about I'm pleasantly surprised by Mirror's Edge. The big thing that hits me is that even though it's not like a rainbow it's still vibrant with it's colouring. You can actually see where you are going and meant to be heading as well. Even if you switch off runner's vision (this is why some object turn red. They act as a guide), you can still work out ways of getting from one point to next.
Also, as of yet, I haven't run into any major glitches. There is one small in the game play one but it doesn't spoil the game play if that makes sense. It's hard to describe as well, especially if you have never played the game before, and I only noticed it because I'm like that, in that I notice the smallest of things. But the biggest thing I can say that is is that I haven't come across any graphical ones. This is big in my eyes now, especially after the shanagnas of COD. World at War.
If you're a fan of free running then I would say that this game is a must have. By making it play thought a First Person persceptive you do with like you are there and linking each vault and wall run. It almost makes me want to climb out my window and run across the roof. But as soon as I lean out I realize that:
One. It's way to cold to being stuff like that.
And two. I'm (don't laugh now) scared of heights.
Well at least I can watch videos of other people doing it instead.



One final thing that I think needs to mentioned is that its good to see that more effort was put into the production of the game then the advertising of it. If anything it has advertise it self with every trailer that has been produced.

Ice Koobs

1 comment:

Junlee said...

Still don't think I'd ever play this game. The time running deal just isn't my thing. I like the graphics though. But that's about it.

I do like the game's music.

And I'm laughing at your fear of heights! :P