Thursday 5 June 2008

MCM Expo

The Movie Comic Media Expo (MCM or just Expo for short) is held twice a year. I wish it was held at least once a month.
It just so funking cool. Actually now I think about it, it might be a good thing that it's only held twice a year. I don't think my wallet could take another assault.
Now I the Expo is a great way of introducing an idea I've been toying around with. Ice 101. The basic idea. I let you in on some of the useless but interesting information I know about (Like how Giraffe are the only animal that lick behind its ears). The whole idea of this blog was to clean out my mind and this a good way of doing that.
Anyway, on with Ice 101.
Lesson #001: Cos-Play
Now if you've never been to the MCM (or any type of expo about comics or manga) before, then you might be in for a shock. One of my friends nearly hyperventilate when she went with me and saw cos-play in action (Cookie you're sooo cute).
Very basically it stands for costume play. Its were people dress up as characters from their favourite anime or video game. Here's an example:




















And that is cos-play. Easy right?

Another great thing about the expo is how friendly the people are. A prime example of this is the amount of people with signs stating "Free Hugs". And this moves me nicely onto my next topic "FREE stuff". I admit I did spend money at the expo but there is always free stuff if you know where to look for it. I'm not going to tell where however. That's the fun part. It's like a big treasure hunt. Have I ever mentioned that I'm really just a big kid. Or at least a 12 year old stuck in a 22 year old's body.
Another thing that happens at the event is the "Star Signings". Now the stars always varies from expo to expo and never really grab my attention but this time was different. Ernie Hudson was there. Now those of you who aren't in the know, Ernie Hudson played Winston Zeddmore in Ghostbusters. Now to me Ghostbusters is like one all the all time "Greatest Movies Ever". This is up for argument. But let it be known. I will lay the smackdown on anyone who disagrees.
The next MCM Expo is held again in October. And guess what. I'll be going. Heck I might even do some cos-play. Any one got any ideas on what I should go as.
Ice Koobs

P.s If you want to see more pictures of the expo click this link. It's all the photos I took.
P.P.S Sorry it took almost 2 weeks to post this. I've got too many games and not enough time.

No comments: