Friday 6 June 2008

Inconsiderate Bloody Bomb

Now I don't know if this is on the world news or anything but down in the east of London a WWII bomb has been found.
Not too surprising. According to the Imperial War Museum around 10% of the bombs drop over London during the Blitz did not explode and have not been found yet. However this one has been found. So being the Health and Safety Nuts we are over here in good old England. We suspend a whole load of train lines.
Now fair dos. I wouldn't particularly want to be blown up on my way to work. But for crying out loud, at least give a reason to why you are shutting down the tube and train lines. And at least give alternate routes. I feel so sorry for the staff at the stations. They were properly given hell.
Well I don't blame the Tube's
staff about this communication and transport meltdown. Nor do I blame whoever dropped the bomb in the first place. I blame the stupid Olympics. All I see is the hassle it will give and has given to the London transport system. If it can't handle the load now, how the hell is it meant to handle it for 2012. Maybe Transport for London think it can be done with a pinch of salt. Maybe more a pinch of TNT in this given case.
You probably wondering how the hell is it because of the 2012
Olympics. Well easy really. They were clearing the site for the 2012 Games Village construction.
That freaking bomb was properly there for 60 years or so. God damn Olympics. Can't be happy that you take all my money. Now you have to make me late for work too.
Oh here's a pic of the bomb. I guess it would make a pretty big mess if it did go off.
Ice Koobs

1 comment:

Ricky Moreno said...

it will all be worth it one day.
east is a bit of a crap hole so will do alot for their shitty community.
as for traffis things do seem to be stepping up a notch. i am in agreement. x