Tuesday 10 March 2009

ZW. Where do they come from?

The type of Zombies we know about now (look at me talking about them as if they are real) really only came into existence around the late 1960's.
I'm talking about the rotting flesh, possible popped out eye ball, have a taste for braaaainnnnnsss kinda of zombie. These where made popular by the film Night of the Living Dead by George A. Romero. If you still don't know what I mean then take a look at this photo.


Now there are many different types of these Zombies. You have the ones that I think are the most scariest, the speed ones which can be found in movies like Dawn of the Dead (2004) or 28 days later. The over type are the slightly more traditional slow moving dead. A bit like the ones in Dead Rising. Easy to get past but if there is a lot of them, then you are move then likely screwed.

The thing that I find fascinating about zombies is the fact that there is very little about them in folklore. There are little bit here and there, but at most they could be called the Living Dead. The difference? Zombies eat flesh and go out of their way to kill, where the Living Dead are just super mindless drones that are controlled by one master. I guess what I mean to be getting at is that the Zombie is a horror creature created by us. In 500 years time they will look at our stories and see that this is what we came up with. I was always scared that when are era is over that nothing will able to pass onto the our own folklore. This proves otherwise.

On Thursdays I'll be looking more closer at the zombie. No not close enough for them to get me. That would be stupid. More along the lines of how they work? What to do in a zombie outbreak? And even though you might not know it, The Pros of Zombies.
To give you an idea of one of the pros.


Awwww. It's so cute yet deadly. The pro behind this? Isn't it ovious. I can like something cute that is truly manly. See no worries of being called a poof over here in the Ice household.

Ice Koobs

2 comments:

Ross said...

This excellent Zombie Week makes me want to play some Resident Evil...

fatherkrishna said...

Zombie Week is indeed excellent. Wish I'd got here sooner!

Hi Ross!