Wednesday 17 June 2009

MW. Drag to me Hell

Ok I need to do a couple of checks before I talk about this.
  1. Do you like horror movies? You do great.
  2. Are you slightly squeamish? Like would get a heart attack if someone jumped at you from a bush while brandishing what could possibly be a dildo? Or would you take said blunt instrument and stick it to the masked "ass"assin (Hehe)? If you would do the latter then keep reading.
  3. Do you like seeing gooey stuff? Yeah. That's kinda gross but I guess everyone has their own kicks.
  4. Would you say that humor is needed in a horror? Sweet.
If you've got this far then I feel pretty safe to say, that you'll like Drag me to Hell.


I can guarantee that there will be some part that will literary make you jump or hide behind your eyes. Actually it's more then likely that it'll happen again and again. I know this for a fact as it did actually happened loads of times to myself and my date.
There is some poor acting (I've seen trees that are less wooden, hell even Mr Reeves is more animated) but the movie will keep throwing things at you. Actually it would probably be better to say that it keeps throwing up things at you. That's where the gooey stuff comes into it. I don't think I've ever seen so many things pulled out of the oral orifice in all the movies that I've ever seen. You named it, they pulled it. It ranged from the obvious stuff for a horror movie like Maggots to the not so obvious like cute little kitties.

Free at last!

Another plus for the movie is that it was directed by Sam Raimi, famous for films such as Spiderman and Evil Dead. With two such big francises under his belt you know that this was going to be good. That it will have the graphical power of an action movie and the thrills of a horror.

The man himself.

Below is the trailer, to tell you the truth it doesn't do the movie any favors. It's good but doesn't convey the full jump out of your seat experience that there is.



Ice Koobs
P.S. A quick little note for people who may think that girl on girl action is hot and cool. If you want to keep those prevy images of girls getting it on intact, then don't go and see this film. It takes a whole new meaning to the saying "snoging her face off".

1 comment:

Junlee said...

The movie is a lot of fun! I can't say it's all that scary though, except for a couple parts, but it's mainly just really entertaining. The fight with the old bitch in the car was exhilarating and hilarious. My jaw dropped when she stuck that ruler in her mouth and then the old lady coughed it back at her. XD

So many good moments.

And a date you say?! I see you Koobs!!! ;)