Friday 22 May 2009

GF. Pokemon...Just try and catch them all now b**ch.


So how many Pokemon are there now?
I lost count at 251. Hell I was even special enough when I was younger to tell you every single one of the original 151. In order. Sadly I'll be hard pushed to even remember all of them now but it was a neat skill to pull off in front of a crowd.
As you can probably tell I was one of those kids that was an addict. I think it got so bad that once when walking to Tescos I could of sworn I could the music playing over the shop tannoe. I told my mum which was a bad mistake at the time because she banned me from playing the game. Now I wouldn't mind. But back then it was sadly my life.
Sad isn't it. But at least I'm no where near as bad as what I was. But it got me thinking. What got me off of that crack of which I call PKMN? And I've come up with two conclusions.
  1. I was crap.
  2. After gold and sliver the choice of PKMN became ridiculous.
Now when I say I was crap I don't mean in game. I could easily lay the smack down on the elite four. But when it came to human opponents that would be where I flopped. I remember entering a tournament with all this cockiness that I would win only to be knocked out of the first round by a dick who carried on using double team (wanker should of learned some real moves) with a Starmie. But with that my rose tinned glasses were removed. I could see that I needed to spend less time thinking that I was the best and actually enjoy the game. I didn't bother doing anything like research on moves (I didn't fracture had such a low chance of hitting) or that by using rare candies, your PKMN would never have as nearly as strong stats as they would have if they level though battling.

Also I've done a quick search on Google and found that there is now 493! I don't think my pockets are that big to be having that many Monsters in them. The thing is I can truthfully say that at least three hundred of them are just to pad out the pokedex.
Think about it. Is there any point in the following one?


Seriously, why?

The thing is that I know that even though I not as Hardcore as I was before, I would still buy the next generation when it is release. I might even consider buying the re-make of Gold or Sliver when that is released. I think the reason why that game work so well was because it kept the original Kanto region of Red/Blue/Yellow. Maybe that's the third point that makes the later games in the series not on par with the originals.
The fact that they don't keep the original regions. How cool would it have been if at the end of Diamond/Pearl a space warp or time rip opened up and you could travel to all the previous games and help Ash defeat team rocket in the shadows. That would so rock. Dam Nintendo really should hire me to become a game designer.

By the way. Just in case you're wondering. Pickachu was one of my favorite. But not the main one. The Pokemon I liked the most was....Cubone

Ice Koobs

No comments: