Wednesday 10 September 2008

Wii LAN adapter


This thing has made me fall in love with the Wii online capability. It wasn't my connection in the long run. It was my Wii's Wi-Fi ability. God knows why it screwed up.
Anyway, I just got this little plastic block of happiness today and wow what a difference it makes.
I went onto the Wii Shopping Chanel and got on right away. No waiting, no nothing (not even Wii points to spend).
But after that the big test came. A game. But what game should I try? I wonder.
I believe that this is going to be the last chance Super Smash Bros Brawl has to make a good impression.



So what do I think of the online now. Well, its kinda embarrassing to say this after knocking it so much but I'm giving it a 3/5 now. It would of scored higher if it weren't for the blasted Friend Codes and the fact that there is no voice chat. I also don't like the fact that because of the anonymity of it all that it almost feel like your playing the computer on hard mode. But there is no lag. That is the most important thing. At least at the moment.

So with that new score in place how does it look for Brawl overall?
Well it looks like this:

Gameplay

4/5

Simple and easy to learn. But can get repetitive in signal player. And clones don’t do it for me.

Multi-player

4/5

You won’t be able to get a better multi-player game.
Would be 5/5 if it weren’t for the…

On-line

3/5

...those damn Friend Codes ruin the fun.

Graphics & Sound

4/5

Beautifully renderer and clear as a summer’s morning (well as a summer morning somewhere other then England). It’s a shame the music wasn’t orchestrated.

Overall

75%

Just so you understand 0% is “Crap”, 50% is “Average” and 100% is “Wow”. Only a dew games deserve a “Wow” and this game is definitely not one of them.


So there you have it. Are you happy now? =0)
Koobs

6 comments:

Junlee said...

I need to try playing it now because I have my PS3 going through the school T1 cable, and it's HELLA fast and smooth. Maybe it will benefit my Wii as well.

Junlee said...

Oh koobs, what brand was this? I've been hearing horror stories about certain lan adapters not working, and I really need to get one of these.

Junlee said...

I just got a lan adapter. You were too slow, lol! Jk!

Gimme your Wii code koobs (I got your brawl one already)! We need to try and brawl sometime.

Ice Koobs said...

Sorry for not getting back to you.
Had a bit of a hectic weekends to day the least =0(
I'm putting my Wii code on the main blog side. So feel free to add me.
Koobs

fatherkrishna said...

I'll have to suss out the Wii code thingy (imagines J rolling his eyes 'cos he already told me about three times I'm sure) then we can brawl. never played it but my son raves about it...

Junlee said...

Yes fatherk, you STILL haven't added me! You're name is still in gray on my list. *glares at fatherk*

lol