Wednesday 14 October 2009

So...the Nobel Peace Prize

Yeah I know it's a bit late to really make too much of a comment on this but here's a quick thought on it.

In my eyes Barack Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize is like me getting the Galaxy British Book Award. You know, for that book, the one that I keep saying that I'm going to write but just haven't got round to finishing yet.
I'm not saying that he won't deserve it. Just not yet. And before anyone tries and say it's because he has managed to get peace talks going then poppy cock. The nominees for the Noble Peace Prize are chosen in February. He was only in office for...what...a month, possibly two.
I don't see any justification for this. And if any one can, then please feel free to explain it to me.
Koobs

P.s It's at times like these where I do wish I could become Prime Minster. Like I say Prime Minster Koobs has a awfully good ring to it.

4 comments:

Junlee said...

Not justifying it, but...

A lot of people who have won the Nobel Peace Prize have won it because of what they have PROPOSED to do. So it's actually not anything out of the ordinary for somebody to win it without actually having done anything yet.

What pisses me off are all of the right wing idiots in this country getting all on the President's ass about it like it's his fault he was given the award. He HIMSELF said he didn't deserve it. And Glenn Beck's stupid ass has the nerve to call him arrogant. Him of all people.

Sorry. Rant over.

:)

John Boy said...

poppy cockery

fatherkrishna said...

I have to say Koobs I agree with you 100%. I believe it should have gone to the guy from Nigeria who stood up to Mugabe. he was beaten, threatened and detained for his belief in the democratic process.

I'm really not sure about Obama yet. At the end of the day, he'll probably just be another puppet of those faceless illuminati controllers that handle all Presidents. The last President of worth was JFK, and look what happned to him...

Rick Moreno said...

I hope you don't agree with totally 100% because he said he likes the sound of president Koobs. I am not comfortable with that - I have heard some of his policies!!