Thursday 17 July 2008

Super Smash Bros Brawl Review...well kinda

I was having a look over my blog and apart from 2 post (Hot Damn! & Gaming Goodness From all 3 Fronts), I've not done any reviews. Well video game reviews. This is something I need to sort out.
And I am. With this. My review of Super Smash Bros Brawl on the the Wii.
But I won't be doing it yet. I want this review to show what I really think of this game. So I'm going to play it a bit more before I make any final comments.

But while you guys wait, I'll tell you what I'm testing the game on.
The main reason for this is to show I'm not using some sort of 14" Rear Projection telly from 1993. And can fully justify myself when I say anything about Graphics.
So the telly. It's Samsung and it a 37". It is capable of an HD output of 720p. And it has connection ports for SCART, Component and HMDI.
My Wii is currently using the Component port, my 360 is using the HMDI port and my PS2 (Yeah damn right I got a PS2) is set up via the SCART.
I have a Boardband connection which reaches speeds of up 16gb. But in a test of the speed it gets around 8gb.
Now that should make it clear that I won't being giving bad info on anything from the Graphics to the On-Line Gameplay. Sound is a slight problem. T.vs are never give a good sound quality as the game designers hope. But all the games I've played so far are good on that subject.

Last but not least I'll give a rought layout of my reviews.
  • The Game. A little background story (if any) and basically what the game is.
  • What I Expect. This I set down what I expect of the game. If it is a sequel then it will have to prove it is better then the last one. These expectation have to be met if it dreams of getting a high score in the "Overall" section.
  • Game Play. Speaks for it self.
  • Multi-Player. This will be based on local play (i.e two guys in the same room, on the same sofa battling it out).
  • On-Line Game Play. Like above, but also if there any other features (e.g Downloadable content)
  • Graphics and Sound. I'm not the best person to ask about Graphics. I would happily play REZ all day.
  • Overall impressions. Again say what it is on the tin. But this will be the most important section. It will be here where I give my score.

Now a quick not on scores. They will be based on a 10 out of 10 scale.
  • 10 meaning "You Must Buy This If You Haven't Done So. What. You don't own the console? Then buy it and the game, B**th!"
  • 5 meaning the game is average. "It's a good game. But thats all. If you have the money to spare buy it. If you don't then don't."
  • 0 being "Why on Earth, No in Hell Did I buy this B***ard game.
I'm not the kind of person that will give a 10 to every game. It might seem that way sometime, but thats only because I don't want to waste my money if possible on crappy games.
Hopefully that will clear up some of the scores I given in earlier posts.
I wasn't being nasty or stupid. Just truthful.

Any way I'm going to go Brawling. Review up next.
Ice Koobs

1 comment:

Junlee said...

You need to update, lol!