Friday 4 July 2008

Oh my goody goody gosh!

Oh my words.
I'm a massive fan of Chrono Trigger. It was a great game on the SNES that like many of the great games on the SNES was not released in the U.K.
One thing I hate more then delays is games not being released at all.
Games such as Earthbound and Chrono Trigger are prefect examples. They are good games. They where recived well in the US. Why the hell weren't they released over here?
If you wondering how I played them then I'm not ashamed to say it. I got them as roms.
I think a bit more explanation is needed about Roms. So when something needs more explanation what needs to be done?

That's right. It's time for Ice 101.
Lesson #003 Roms and Emulation

Very basically it is the a way to play Video Games on a P.C or certain Games Consoles (360 comes to mind). The main consoles that have become emulated are the NES, SNES, Game Boy Advance and Playstation.
Now to be able to do anything you need to have an Emulator. This is a program that acts as the console. Next you need the Roms. These act as the actual games. Now when the two are separate they are are rubbish, you can't do anything at all. But together they could give you hours of fun.
There is a but however. Roms aren't exactly legal. Yeah that's right I'm a criminal. Well I was. I haven't played a Rom in years. And when I did it was only to play games like Chrono Trigger.
But yeah that's that.


By the way you might be wondering what bought this on. This bought it on. To the untrained eye it means nothing. But to me. The clock is the clock from the start of Chrono Trigger. The sound is the from the start of Chrono Trigger. Its from Square Enix, which use to be Square, who released Chrono Trigger.
By my calculation what ever it is counting down to, will be done in around 432000 seconds. Thats 7200 minutes. Thats 120 hours. Thats 5 days.
Oh man, oh man, oh man. I can't wait till this is over. I think I know what it is for. I believe that it's for the re-release of Chrono Trigger on the Nintendo DS. I prey to god that that is the case.
I think I've rambled on for long enough. I just can't wait. Oh come five days hurry up and go by already.

The impatient Ice Koobs

No comments: