Monday 18 January 2010

Saving the pennies

And the ponds will look after you. Or something like that.

I have a trip coming up in April and I'm saving hardcore at the moment so I know that no only will I be able to go but that I can also have some money to spend while I'm there also.
So I had a look at my out goings to work out where I could save the most money.
First thing that I had to get rid of was the Video Game buying =0(
But that's not too much of a bad thing as I have Left 4 Dead 2 and COD MW2 also, so I will definitely have something to occupy my time.

The next big thing that was burning my money as if Fossil Fuels were going to run out tomorrow was food. I normally spend a stupidly large amount on food, which wasn't to healthy either.
So today I went out to look for alternatives.
Now on average my lunch would cost somewhere around the price bracket of £7-£10 depending on how hungry I was. Which is a ridiculous amount when I thought about it. £3 for a sandwich just because someone buttered it for me. You're having a laugh (and at my expense).
So how much would it be to get my bead and butter it. Well I can get 4 rolls for 50p, Butter for a £1.49 and filling (Ham in this case) for £1.60. Working that out on a daily basis that's:
2 rolls= 25p a day
Butter that will last about a month £1.49/30= 5p a day
Ham 12 slices. 2 slices a day= 27p a day
So a grand total of 57p a day. A saving of £6.43. WHOOP SPENDING MONEY!!!
Sorry don't know what got over me just then.
But what about those days where I'm really really hungry. We're talking about 2 Big Macs, 2 Large Fries and Cheese Burger and possibly a little extra room for a McFurry.
Well today was one of those days and being determin as I am to not spend extra money I got my myself some soup. Looking at it alone filled me up.
Don't believe me? Have a look for yourself.

By god the amount of meat and veg in this little tub was immense and for £1.50 I could not go wrong.
So lets see in total on a hungry day I would normally would spend £10. With this method I spend £2.07. UP YOUR RONALD MC FUCKING DONALD!!!!

Koobs

2 comments:

Junlee said...

UP YOUR RONALD MC FUCKING DONALD!!!!

This must be said in a podcast. It could be the new "Gears of shitty war".

LOL!

Junlee said...

Btw, them buttered rolls look goooood.

*runs to the kitchen*